Saturday, January 14, 2006

A cool week of good graft :o)

I am very happy with this weeks efforts, I am already feeling the benefits of stepping up rowing land training and am going to make to two circuits at the club a regular feature of the week.

As has been the case in the past it is clear that I have the stamina and can work consistently. But what is clear is that I have to build with strength and fast burst work to covert it to power in the boat.

My only concern with the rowing is the 'body politic' - I am not a political animal and fear that there is a bit of politicking going on.

I am very happy with the way the crew has bound together, and want to work hard with and for those guys. I am wary that at some points outside influences will stress the group, and that by not being politically adept I will end up with the rough end of such influences. Still I am committed to rowing and if needs be I will simply default to plan 'A' - scull in singles or double with Sian. Though it would be desperately sad not to see how far we can get as a crew.

No comments: