Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Worries and nerves

With the next regatta coming this weekend I am decidedly worried... it is my first outing as stroke. I am nervous about which version of me will turn up, the calm detached me, or the nervous overly aware of others me. I would like to believe the first one will show up, given that more and more in training it is happening... I just hope that it isn't only a home water phenomena.

My other worry is fitness, I still haven't completely shaken a cough and should have been back to the GP by now. Also I am worried about burning myself out by running around too much in the run up to and at the regatta. Last time I was all things to all people and suffered the price big time. I intend to leave as much of the running around to others, although I worry that that will appear aloof, lazy and arrogant. I don't really care as long as I put up a good performance in the stroke seat, for the crew and also to show all those who mutter about the state of my technique!

I will let you know how it goes, the draw is out and the size of the job is clear, four races Saturday potentially and three Sunday... sporting ambition is a new phenomena to a formerly unfit person... I am so very keen to realise this new found area of ambition in my life... "Come on Llandaff!!!"

No comments: