Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pain and pressure

The last time I rowed (Monday night) my ribs hurt like crazy from when I fell off my bike... the pain coupled with the perceived pressure of keeping in a crew for next year meant that it was the worst row that I have experienced in a long long time.

The pain will clear as my ribs (or rib cartilage as a trip to the doctors reveal it to be) heal over time and with use of anti-inflammatory drugs.... the pressure I am not so sure about, its a very new phenomena. I am not used to team dynamics (see previous posts for comments on that I'm sure), and am not used to being this competitive. I don't think I will get my head round it, so I just hope injuries and such work themselves out and I manage to maintain a crew without having to be too proactive... my biggest fear is that my luck in this department is due to run out!!!

No comments: