Saturday, September 12, 2009

Book Review -> Absolute Friends" - John le Carre

Another of my re-cycled book reviews from my LivingSocial's facebook entries.

"Absolute Friends" - John le Carre
"A le Carre fan bought a copy of this thinking they hadn't read it, but they had and so passed it to me (knowing I'd read Little Drummer Girl recently). I started it and was immediately drawn into the detailed world of le Carre's craft. The story is moved along at an absorbing pace, through a world of rich description, history and character. The political themes and comment inspires reflection, while the central friendship keeps you by turns amused and concerned.

I am beginning to think I may have joined the legion of le Carre fans, whilst only having sampled a couple from his catalog, his writing is simply a joy to experience. I don't mean to gush, but not since Jack Higgins whilst in my teens has an author had me so spellbound."

No comments: