Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Taken my own advice

Having ruminated upon my last blog post somewhat I decided to have a start again moment. I suppose I inspired myself with my own ramblings. I have gone back to basics with food, eating sensibly, and above all avoiding random snacking. There is no rocket science behind the renewed scheme, it is just keeping it simple and doing my best not to trip myself up.

Saying 'no' to these snacks might make all the difference?
Image: Arvind Balaraman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Often I will decide that I 'need' a bar of chocolate or packet of pastilles 'just because'. It had become all to easy sometimes to sit at the PC consuming heaps of extra calories. This change alone is a significant one purely in terms of the daily balance of calories in and calories burnt. I suppose I re-identified the the worst habit in my diet and decided that if I shifted that one habit then a victory might lead on to better things. Time will tell... so far in two weeks I've dropped 7lbs at least - just showing how much those 'extra snacks' may have been controlling things!

No comments: