Saturday, April 07, 2012

Possible reprieve - magic strapping

Today I my marathon attempt received a possible reprieve...
Blogger's own leg all strapped up with 'magic' strapping
...I attended a physio session today with Physio4motion and found that all was not quite as bad as I had feared. The man worked magic to make my calf feel much more normal again, and then applied some strapping which is supporting everything brilliantly. I mentioned yesterday that I felt I'd need a minor miracle and it came in that the damage wasn't as bad that I'd feared meaning I might (though still a mighty big 'might') get to the start line in three weeks time.

There is another change in the planned training between now and the race, again I have more stretches and exercises to do in coming days / weeks. All being well, and possibly with race day strapping, I should at least be beginning the race after that we'll have to wait and see.

No comments: