Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wittering on Wednesday

Thanks to being under par over the last week and more I seem to have come across at least some wittering material...

Really, who knew? 200+ hits on one post...
My blog post and moreover it's cartoon image - "Circuit Dizziness!?!?!" - has had 200+ visits. This is easily  more than twice the visits of any other page or post on my humble 'ickle blog! I can only hope that everyone who finds it likes it, and maybe if they 'borrow' it are proper enough to credit the author / artist ;-)

Funny that the oddest things you 'do' in a blog get noticed, and the more profound stuff that you might write with some sort of audience in mind sails off into web land never to be clicked again. Just goes to show you never can tell.

Sports viewing philosophy?...
My two punts for finalists at Roland Garros went south, both Andy Murray (losing to David Ferrer 6-4, 6-7, 6-3, 6-2) and Sam Stosur (losing to Sara Errani 7-5, 1-6, 6-3) went out before the final (quarter and semi stages respectively). Darn it, I shouldn't have watched the matches... classic viewers curse - if a sporting event takes place in a forest and is around to watch it does anyone actually lose?

It is notable as another example that my football team always seem to score when I leave the sofa for a comfort break. Perhaps team GB should facilitate me to not view (i.e. pay me not to watch) the upcoming Olympics so that they can convert all those medal opportunities they keep telling us about?

It's all in a name...
Last Thursday evening I watched the Diamond League Athletics meet on BBC TV and very much enjoyed that fast bloke running like a Bolt over 100m, but couldn't help but notice another perhaps not so aptly named athlete - Chaunte Lowe the 'high' jumper (I bet no ones ever pointed that out to her before, ahem!).

And finally...
In the course of being ill I have read the odd blog more than normal and listened to an extra podcast (and watched some tennis - ahem, see above) here and there I have come across three separate 'articles' about forefoot running, it's mechanics, benefits and so forth. Awareness of the subject has gotten to a threshold in my brain where I might begin to entertain giving it a go when I get running again. Oh the power of repeated information! I wonder just how easy the conversion really is?

No comments: