Tuesday, December 29, 2015

On the fourth day of christmas - my 12 days of running

On the fourth day of Christmas I completed my fourth run in 4 days, and having gotten this far I thought I would share why. Just before Christmas I cooked up this plan to re-ignite my running after the post marathon challenge lull (which was utterly intentional, after two marathons in 4 weeks my body wanted the rest - or was it my brain? - either way I took a running sabbatical). The plan I came up with was a simple one, after Christmas day excesses were over I would run the twelve days of Christmas running once a day for the 12 days through to January 6th.

You can read about the actual twelve days at Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Days_of_Christmas

So I am now four days in and it hasn't been so bad. There has yet to be a sticky day or difficult run and I have run over 5km each time. At the moment I certainly feel my homemade scheme might just get the start of my 2016 running year off with a bit of a boost.

No comments: