|Instagram photos from the last couple of productive weeks|
- shedding some timber - losing unnecessary fat mass, which is going well having lost 7 lb in the last two weeks - there is no point training hard and losing weight at the same time it is too much stress on the body and in my experience that way deep fatigue and illness lie. Giving up chocolate and cheese for lent has certainly helped hugely (!).
- walking in lieu of run sessions - building time on my feet to strengthen my musculoskeletal system gradually. Over time I will convert some to runs and mix them up.
- joining a running group / club - I have tried out one (Maindy Harriers Running Club) and try another one tonight (Pegasus Running Club) . It looks like I'm being choosy but there are several good groups nearby and each have different pros and cons, both groups have been incredibly kind when I have approached them. This time next week I hope to have settled upon one and 'signed up'.
- laying off my marathon ambitions to next year - I will still run one or two this year but for the fun and not for goals.
- finding variety - backing up recent swimming classes with some semi-regular swims.
- enjoying and not 'racing' parkrun 5k runs.
- relaxing - giving myself permission to be flexible and not tied to a fixed programme for the time being.