Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Very, very on the move

The last few weeks have been a little hectic, training and even competing. I have taken part in the Cardiff (Taff) Head of the River and the Fours Head of the River (Thames, London), both in the end with the same crew.

Cardiff (Taff) Head of the River went okay, though we were beaten by the same crew minus me with a different bloke in three, which personally was disappointing. Not bad given patchy training boat time wise (i.e. very little time in a four, or any boat!!).

Fours Head of the River (Thames, London), great experience, its one of the bigger races in the calendar, I am happy that I got the chance to do it. It was all a little too last minute, but I feel I gave a good account of myself. Our coxed four did it in 21:25.51 only a few seconds behind our coxless four and quad (which was brilliant)... great result again given the last minute changes and my patchy preparation (fit enough, just again not enough time in a boat!).

Winter training starts proper now I guess.... :o)

No comments: