Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cardiff PPUK 10k Love Run 2008 - my first big run after injury

Tonight should see my first run of the New Year (almost a month into it!!). I am a bit concerned about how my groin injury will hold up, so much so that it has been playing up all day (too many stress hormones thanks to the thought of the run and of course work).

It will be a short light run so it should be just fine. The interesting challenge will be the forthcoming Cardiff PPUK 10k Love Run on February 9th, for which I will have been able to complete no training. Needless to say I have absolutely no ambitions for time and will be happy to complete, even if that means walking some portion. I'd rather support the event than not, so if its walking then its walking.

The run is in aid of 'Action Duchenne', their website is http://www.actionduchenne.org/. I pinched this quote from their website to explain their mission...
"Action Duchenne (Formerly PPUK) exclusively funds research for a cure and promotes campaigns for better medical care for Duchenne and Becker Muscular Dystrophy. Duchenne is so severe that young men are totally paralysed by late teens and die young from respiratory or heart failure. Your donations and support will help us end this tragic waste of young lives."

No comments: