Thursday, January 03, 2008

Groin strain - f***ing pain

I am having to face the New Year and new training with the pain of a serious groin / abdominal muscle tear.

Wikipedia describes it in an article titled "Osteitis pubis"

Symptoms
The symptoms of osteitis pubis can include loss of flexibility in the groin region, a dull aching pain in the groin, or in more severe cases a sharp stabbing pain when running, kicking, changing directions, or even during routine activities such as standing up or getting out of a car.
I am finding it very uncomfortable and am very worried about my ability to train over the coming few weeks. It seems to have at least part of its root in turning over my ankle whilst road running in the dark a few weeks back. Since then I have really not trained properly and I can feel the difference, its really quite depressing!!

No comments: