So here I go with another plan, this time to build a base for the Autumn 10k and half-marathon races with the very solid ambition to carry everything through the Winter into an awesome spring marathon next year. Sounds straight-forward... ...well yes, and well no... in any case I have a plan and that is where to begin.
The 5 central headlines to the plan are:-
1) 5K Parkrun every other weekend to work on basic speed and improving 5k - 10k aggression.
2) Swim once a week before work - to build on aerobic fitness but more over to recover muscle and mobilise all those muscles I forget about while run training.
3) Get to the gym once a week - kinda simple no brainer to work on all round fitness / strength.
4) Eat sensibly (the not so easy one)
5) Run with some degree of consistency - focusing on technique and trying to crack the jog to run barrier (being as I have been stuck at fast jog speed for a very long time).
...simple? Well I hope so, I will let you know how it goes. I have my ever first Parkrun tomorrow morning so best foot forwards.