- lack of strength - stride length / running action is awful - my calves have been complaining a lot
- I am way way way too heavy - well, yes, we knew this a few weeks back
- I can't run in my 'old' shoes (they cause almost instance knee pain) and I can't complete the distance in my 'new' lighter shoes (they don't support me as fatigue sets in) - gait analysis and another set of shoes is required
- there will be a need to actually follow advice and follow the plan properly for a change and not think I know better
- realistic goal setting will be critical to my enjoyment not only of the training but of the event itself
- regular parkrun events with my kids will be useful in making sure I don't do too much tempo work (I have a habit of attacking parkrun like a race and wrecking myself for the rest of the training week)
... I will do my best to let you know how this all goes!