Monday, October 31, 2005

Maintenence

Well, I had a pretty poor weekend of exercise... very, very good everything else (captains dinner at Llandaff rowing club, an obvious highlight).

Did a little bike maintenance, basically cleaned it a bit (still gotta finish the job around the gears), adjusted the saddle and put on Sian's light fitting (rechargeable unit - nice and bright (safer) front light).

The one bit of 'exercise' involved 20mins in the tank rowing and 20mins on an ergo - rowing machine.

It seemed that I did not disgrace myself on the ergo as it seems I may be invited to row in an eight this weekend coming!! Mary the 'uber' novice coach suggested that some of our techniques weren't as bad as she had suspected and that she would be happy to include some of us in an eights session. I am both pleased and worried at the same time... pleased that someone else likes my rowing (I have had very good feedback already - thank you Sian ;o) ), but at the same time a little worried at the increased expectation. I will endeavour to relax and enjoy it!!

The worst part of the weekend was no run :o( again, bad Andrew, but I did take the dog for a good hour long walk on Saturday. Though worse still I didn't have the chance to row all weekend, and more especially didn't get out in the double with Sian... which I absolutely loved doing the weekend before.

Another week, another time zone... clocks changing has lead to a couple of good sleep nights but will lead to rides home in the pitch black, d'oh!!

No comments: