Saturday, September 23, 2006

All systems go :o)

I turned up for my first squad training session this morning at 8am, thinking I would be single sculling as everyone was in crews for tomorrow (the Monmouth Head). But as I arrived I found they needed a sit in for a four, I sat in bow and thoroughly enjoyed myself (first sweep outing in a month all!!).

The four session was a little wobbly at first, but the "front loader" is a lovely forgiving boat. I got my hand heights together able to see everyone and see what was affecting the balance and what would best resolve the tipping. We went to half pressure and the trickle under the boat was a torrent... sweet :o)

After the session it became clear they were one short for the eight on race day... yippee... I get to a race at the Monmouth Head. Perhaps being available and happy to row either side will help keep me in seat reckonings ;o)

No comments: