Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Poorly poorly boy

Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net
"Malaise" by graur razvan ionut
I have a chest infection / cough / cold that won't shift, it has left me grumpy and tired (not too different from normal in the opinion of some perhaps!). My training buddy and I did 8 miles on Sunday, but my lungs were not happy at any point really. The rest of the weekend was busy, busy, busy,... though I did catch my fair share of the Jubilee and French Open tennis on TV ;-)

The rest of this week looks like a fitness write off, thanks to the lurgy. I hope to get out on a run this weekend, as I have conceded to buy cough syrup despite my reservations about the stuff. Fingers-crossed though it will do something and get me back on track.

By the way if you want to read a more intelligent and considered post today I can strongly recommend someone else's blog post... Top 3 reasons running is bad for you (or not) written by a super blogger in the blog "Shut up + Run".

PS. cough medicine update - I feel worse already having taken some an hour ago... I am not a good patient :-S

No comments: